Three species of main bacteria in treatment of cancer
bacteria and treatment of cancer
Cancer is characterized by uncontrolled and invasive growth of cells. These cells may spread to other parts of the body, and this is called metastasis. Bacterial treatment is a new idea in world. In this letter three species of main bacteria in treatment of cancer will introduce.
2. Barbé S, Van Mellaert L, Theys J, Geukens N, Lammertyn E, Lambin P, Anné J. Secretory production of biologically active rat interleukin-2 by Clostridium acetobutylicum DSM792 as a tool for anti-tumor treatment. FEMS Microbiol Lett.2005; 246:67-73.
3. Ganai S, Arenas R, Forbes N. Tumour-targeted delivery of TRAIL using Salmonella typhimurium enhances breast cancer survival in mice. British J Cancer.2009; 101:1683-91.
4. Quispe-Tintaya W, Chandra D, Jahangir A, Harris M, Casadevall A, Dadachova E, Gravekamp C. Nontoxic radioactive Listeriaat is a highly effective therapy against metastatic pancreatic cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013; 110:8668-73.
5. Jahangir A, Chandra D, Quispe-Tintaya W, Singh M, Selvanesan BC, Gravekamp C. Immunotherapy with Listeria reduces metastatic breast cancer in young and old mice through different mechanisms. Onco Immunol.2017; 6:e1342025.
6. Torres W, Lameda V, Olivar LC, Navarro C, Fuenmayor J, Pérez A, Mindiola A, Rojas M, Martínez MS, Velasco M, Rojas J, Bermudez V. Bacteria in cancer therapy: beyond immunostimulation. J Cancer Metastasis Treat.2018; 4:4.