Treatment of Hypersensitivity and Complete Root Coverage by Two Different Autogenous Grafts at Multiple Gingival Recessions
The purpose of this case report is to present treatment of a patient with multiple gingival recession using different periodontal plastic surgical techniques (connective tissue graft, free gingival graft and coronally advanced flap) . A 17 year old female patient referred to our clinic for therapy with aesthetic problems, hypersensitivity. After the clinically examination, multiple gingival recession was observed. Female patient has two recession defects at maxilla, 23,14 and seven reccession defects at mandibula 31,32,33,34,41,43,44. After initial treatment the defects were treated with free gingival graft and connective tissue graft. Clinical examination was performed at first month after each operation and sixth months after last operation. It was observed that application of the connective tissue graft and free gingival graft has been succesfull for multiple gingival recession treatment. Treatment also helped to resolve hypersensitivity and achieved satisfaction of the patient’s aesthetic concerns.
2. Loe H, Anerud A, Boysen H. The natural history of periodontal disease in man: prevalence, severity, and extent of gingival recession. Journal of periodontology. 1992;63(6):489-95.
3. Shin SH, Cueva MA, Kerns DG, Hallmon WW, Rivera-Hidalgo F, Nunn ME. A comparative study of root coverage using acellular dermal matrix with and without enamel matrix derivative. Journal of periodontology. 2007;78(3):411-21.
4. Aroca S, Keglevich T, Barbieri B, Gera I, Etienne D. Clinical evaluation of a modified coronally advanced flap alone or in combination with a platelet-rich fibrin membrane for the treatment of adjacent multiple gingival recessions: a 6-month study. Journal of periodontology. 2009;80(2):244-52.
5. Nieri M, Pini Prato GP, Giani M, Magnani N, Pagliaro U, Rotundo R. Patient perceptions of buccal gingival recessions and requests for treatment. Journal of clinical periodontology. 2013;40(7):707-12.
6. Chambrone L, Tatakis DN. Periodontal soft tissue root coverage procedures: a systematic review from the AAP Regeneration Workshop. Journal of periodontology. 2015;86(2 Suppl):S8-51.
7. Graziani F, Gennai S, Roldan S, Discepoli N, Buti J, Madianos P, et al. Efficacy of periodontal plastic procedures in the treatment of multiple gingival recessions. Journal of clinical periodontology. 2014;41 Suppl 15:S63-76.
8. Zuhr O, Baumer D, Hurzeler M. The addition of soft tissue replacement grafts in plastic periodontal and implant surgery: critical elements in design and execution. Journal of clinical periodontology. 2014;41 Suppl 15:S123-42.
9. Lorenzana ER, Allen EP. The single-incision palatal harvest technique: a strategy for esthetics and patient comfort. The International journal of periodontics & restorative dentistry. 2000;20(3):297-305.
10. Bouchard P, Malet J, Borghetti A. Decision-making in aesthetics: root coverage revisited. Periodontology 2000. 2001;27:97-120.
11. Hurzeler MB, Weng D. A single-incision technique to harvest subepithelial connective tissue grafts from the palate. The International journal of periodontics & restorative dentistry. 1999;19(3):279-87.
12. Roccuzzo M, Bunino M, Needleman I, Sanz M. Periodontal plastic surgery for treatment of localized gingival recessions: a systematic review. Journal of clinical periodontology. 2002;29 Suppl 3:178-94; discussion 95-6.
Copyright (c) 2018 Journal of Medical Practice and Review
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.